It's fall, what should we eat?
Discover what are the best fruits and vegetables you can eat during this beautiful season of the year.
While almost all products can be grown somewhere year-round, trucking produce across the country (or across the world) isn’t easy. Buying local seasonal produce not only potentially reduces our carbon footprint and helps local economies, but it may also result in more nutritious produce.
These sweet, crunchy fall favorites are packed with antioxidants, which may help prevent chronic illness and slow aging. Among popular apple varieties (and there are more than 7,500 different types!), Fuji apples have the highest concentration of phenolics and flavonoids.
They may be available year-round, but beets are at their best in the fall. Besides the familiar reddish-purple color, you can also find golden, white, and even multicolored beets. When shopping, look for firm, smooth bulbs and (if attached) bright, crisp greens.
Brussel sprouts and cabbage
Packed with vitamins A and C, cabbage and its mini-me, Brussels sprouts, boast high concentrations of cancer-fighting glucosinolates (which also lend these veggies their distinct flavor)
Between the size of a blueberry and a grape, cranberries taste their best October through November, though only 5 percent actually make it to the fresh produce section (the other 95 percent are dried, canned, or turned into juice). Research suggests cranberry concentrate can help prevent urinary tract infections and that fresh cranberries can help prevent oral diseases and slow the growth of cancer.
Pears are high in soluble fiber, which helps lower “bad” (LDL) cholesterol. These sweet fruits fall into two major categories: European and Asian.
It is chockful of nutrition, especially beta-carotene. Beta-carotene predominantly keeps your immune system strong and helps to maintain optimal vision.
Pumpkin is one of the best sources of alpha- and beta-carotene, which can be converted into retinol to promote healthy vision and cell growth. Pumpkin seeds are also a good source of alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid that may help those with heart disease, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol.
While much of the research has been inconclusive, some studies suggest the fruit’s antioxidants may reduce the risk of cardiovascular complications like heart attacks. Early studies also suggest that pomegranate may help prevent breast and colon cancers,
Ginger helps to reduce gastrointestinal with its ability to relax and soothe the muscles within the intestinal tract, it prompts the elimination of gas, reduces inflammation in cumbersome joints, and even helps feelings of nausea subside.
This leafy green has similar benefits as beets, with its extraordinary content of betalains. However, it also contains a whopping 12 other phytonutrients that work as antioxidants in the body! Additionally, just one cup boiled yield 636 percent of your daily needs of vitamin K.
Now that you know what fruits and vegetables are in season, make sure to include them in your diet and enjoy all the benefits they offer. Don't forget to take your SynergyO2's products as well. Now that temperatures are starting to drop, you need to keep your immune system strong in order to be less prone to catch fall related diseases.